We know you love fairy tales and folklore just as much as we do, which is why we’ve rounded up some of the most whimsical and imaginative experiences and attractions in downtown Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby and New Westminster. Plan your route using the map below – it’s extremely easy to travel between the four cities, no magic carpet required!
Ladurée’s Rose Petal macaron (makes 50 macarons):
• 1 cup castor sugar
• 3.5 tbsp water
• 3 large egg yolks
• 9 oz. unsalted butter, softened
• 1 tbsp rose syrup
• 2 tsp rosewater
Basic macaron shells (see recipe in Ladurée’s cookbook, or find recipe online)
• Make basic macaron shells, adding pink food colouring. Set aside.
• Place sugar and water in a saucepan; stir until sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil. Cook until syrup temperature is 250˚F.
• Fit a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and beat egg yolks. With mixer running at medium speed, slowly pour the boiling syrup down the inside of the bowl into the yolks. Increase speed and beat vigorously until temperature of preparation is 104˚F.
• Gradually add butter. Continue beating until mixture cools and is smooth and creamy. Add rose syrup and rosewater.
• Spoon rose cream into a piping bag fitted with a plain tip. Pipe a small mound of filling onto the flat side of half the macaron shells; cover with remaining shells.
• Refrigerate macarons for a minimum of 12 hours, then serve – perhaps at a Once Upon a Time viewing party?
© 2018 STRUB Activewear.